Starting Monday June 1, 2020 we gradually resumed routine eye care. We are working on a reduced schedule to ensure that social distancing can be maintained, and we request that all patients book an appointment prior to coming in for an eye examination. If you have been experiencing any symptoms of fever, cough, breathing difficulties; have travelled outside Canada within the last 14days or have come into contact with someone who has met these criteria.
COVID19 has changed our lives and how we practice. Below is a list of the precautions we are taking in our office to ensure we keep both our staff and patients safe while continuing to provide the highest quality of comprehensive eyecare.
- We are not scheduling appointments for any person who has symptoms of COVID-19, who is living with someone that has symptoms, who has been in contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19, or who has travelled outside of Canada within 14 days.
- The Optometrist and all staff will clean their hands before and after every patient interaction.
- Hand sanitizing stations are available at the clinic entrance and must be used by anyone entering the clinic.
- The Optometrists and staff will wear personal protective equipment (PPE) covering their mouth, nose, and eyes when interacting with patients and social distancing cannot be maintained.
- Anyone entering the office who is older than 2 years old must wear a mask.
- Every device or appliance (including eyeglass frames) that patients contact will be disinfected before use with the next patient.
- Optometrists and their staff will not present to work when ill with symptoms of infection.
- We are limiting the number of people in the office at one time to allow for proper social distancing
If you are presenting symptoms please call (613)-549-2020 to reschedule and call your family physician or Telehealth.