In light of the increasing COVID19 cases in the Kingston region, starting Monday Dec. 21, 2020 we are changing our office policies to better ensure the safety of our patients and our staff. Anyone wishing to enter our office must first call and schedule an appointment. This includes: looking for a new pair of spectacles, spectacle adjustments, and eye appointments. We will be offering curb-side pickup for those patients who have existing spectacle or contact lens orders. Dr Smith will continue to work with a reduced number of appointments per day to ensure that social distancing can be maintained. We ask that patients arrive at their appointment alone, unless they are a minor or someone with a mental / physical disability that requires assistance.
If you have been experiencing any symptoms of fever, cough, breathing difficulties; have travelled outside Canada within the last 14days or have come into contact with someone who has met these criteria please call to cancel your appointment and contact your family physician or Telehealth Ontario.
COVID19 has changed our lives and how we practice. Below is a list of the precautions we are taking in our office to ensure we keep both our staff and patients safe while continuing to provide the highest quality of comprehensive eyecare.
- Anyone entering the office who is older than 2 years old must wear a mask.
- We are not scheduling appointments for any person who has symptoms of COVID-19, who is living with someone that has symptoms, who has been in contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19, or who has travelled outside of Canada within 14 days.
- The Optometrist and all staff will clean their hands before and after every patient interaction.
- Hand sanitizing stations are available at the clinic entrance and must be used by anyone entering the clinic.
- The Optometrists and staff will wear personal protective equipment (PPE) covering their mouth, nose, and eyes when interacting with patients and social distancing cannot be maintained.
- Every device or appliance (including eyeglass frames) that patients contact will be disinfected before use with the next patient.
- Optometrists and their staff will not present to work when ill with symptoms of infection.
- We are limiting the number of people in the office at one time to allow for proper social distancing
If you are presenting symptoms please call (613)-549-2020 to reschedule your appointment and contact your family physician or Telehealth Ontario (1 866-797-0000).